Thursday, May 19, 2005

Refrigerator Blues

How can anyone have this much trouble with one STUPID refrigerator?! Remember back a few weeks ago when within one weeks time I managed to crash my car and my refrigerator stopped working? Welllll.....we've had nothing but refrigerator blues since then! Let's re-visit the past for just a bit shall we? It all started one Sunday afternoon. I just returned from a trip to the grocery store only to find that my refrigerator of 15 years finally "kicked the bucket". Sooooo....off we went to find a new one! Since most of the appliance stores aren't open on Sundays we ended up begrudgingly purchasing a floor model from Best Buy (I say this because it is NOT my favorite store). Since they didn't offer to transport it for me we hauled it home -with me in the back of the pick-up holding on for dear life! 2 days later I'm noticing a "WEIRD NOISE" . Best Buy tells me to have a mechanic come look at it to decipher what the heck it is. That said...a very nice servicemen (they are apparently the only ones interested in customer service) advised me to have it replaced (something to do with the compressor). So I go back to the beloved Best Buy (yeah, right) and order another one only to be told that model is discontinued
...pick another! I pick another and pay $100 more with delivery and pick up scheduled for 2 weeks later (no matter...I get to keep the old one until the new one comes-just wanna keep my food cold, folks). 4 days before the scheduled delivery I get a phone call declaring the refrigerator I ordered is unavailable and I need to pick another one that day in order to receive it on my scheduled delivery day!! Unbelievable!! It's now 4:45 pm and I have to make a decision in 10 minutes! I go online and pick one out with specific details and instructions. Now skip forward to Wednesday. I have arranged my schedule to accomodate a delivery for Wednesday morning. Ok...once again...very nice servicemen come to my house in the pouring rain (the sun was shining one hour before they got there-how predictable!). They have a HUGE brand new truck they won't drive down my driveway because they don't want the tree branches to scratch it...Awwwww! The 2 servicemen come into the house to scope out the delivery process. Upon seeing my "white" refrigerator one of the very kind servicemen says to me "By the way...You do realize the refrigerator we're delivering has stainless front with black sides?" OH MY GOD!! Cindy slumps to the chair and shakes her head. I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS!! No one is around Best Buy to fix my dilemma so I send back both refrigerators! Now I have groceries stuffed in my daughter's very small college refrigerator and no place to put my Veggies! What's a woman to do? I travel into Rochester on business errands and stop in to clean up my account with Best Buy only to find that I have forgotten the paperwork on the counter at home! I am assuming that fate is at work here and everything will work out in due time. I should have a REAL Refrigerator being delivered from "Geyer's" Appliance Store today! Only problem is that I won't be here to make sure it's right. Megan has to get her butt outta bed to accomodate the delivery. I could write a book about these experiences! Oh wait...I do believe I just did! Ha! I think I could use a prayer or 2 right about now. What do you think?

4 comments:

granny said...

Aren't you glad your home now with all that spare time to do housewife things. good luck with the new fridge. What's wrong with stainless and black???

Cindy's Closet said...

Nothing wrong with black and stainless except that ALL my other appliances are white and black! Besides...seriously! Do you really think that I want to wipe fingerprints all day long? Not this chicky babe! I almost took the damn thing just to have it done and over with but then decided I was deserving of the fridge that I ordered! Check out Meg's blog to see the results!

Just Paul said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Just Paul said...

We too have a sad refrigerator story. Our new house came with all new appliances. After about two years Kathy notices cracks on the inside of the refrigerator with no apparent cause. After some less than satisfactory conversations with the manufacture, Kathy has convinced them to replace the refrigerator. Fast forward to about two weeks ago and Kathy notices creaks forming again on the inside of the refrigerator. I'm guessing we will be changing to a different manufacture once we decide to make the big switch . . . again.

Hope Megan was able to serve out her mission for you without giving up too much sleep.