Friday, March 17, 2006

What a Wake Up Call!!

So can I just say that my Son just did a most thoughtful thing!! He came barreling through my bedroom door at 8:00am (now you must all realize that he lives in NE Minneapolis so he had to get up reeeeeally early for this) with a plateful of Blueberry Pancakes, eggs, and juice!! He had the most sheepish grin on his face when he said "Happy Birthday"! I almost had a heart attack! I have NO IDEA how he managed to get into the house, pull out my pancake griddle (which is not an easy task) and cook an entire breakfast without waking me up!! Kinda scary to think that I was sleeping that soundly huh? Espcecially since I'm alllll alooone - Supposedly! Sooo....we had breakfast in bed and chatted, then moved it downstairs where we spent another hour just visiting. It was sooooo fun! I never get to just spend time like that with "My Boy" (oh yes! you'll always be that to me!)!! THANK YOU VERY MUCH JAMEY!! It's funny cause I realized later after he left that the door to the house was locked. Did he have a key to get in? When I called to ask him he said, "Mom, I've only had a key since I was 16"! Ok...ya got me! I was surprised. What a nice birthday gift. And since Rick is in Germany, he'll have to make it up to me when he gets home (he called and said he bought me a bottle of German Reisling). Now tonight I will travel to Winona with my friend Georgiann to visit my lovely daughter. Georgiann's birthday was yesterday so we need to spend some serious girltime together. Megan's senior class will put on a show tonight and she is singing in it. It promises to be a fun time! Well...I gotta run. I can hear the hot tub calling me, then get a manicure/pedicure, you know...just telling me to pamper myself today. Sound fun? Yeah...I think so! Oh Happy Day! ("Happy Clap! WHEEEE!")

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope your Birthday is a good one. I Love You....and I realize I have soem making up to do....;-)

Jackie said...

what a splendid surprise. How Fun to see your boy on your b-day and brekfast in bed......well, you cant beat that....or can you Rick?

Brianna said...

wow, points for Jamey! I'm glad you had a good day Cindy! You deserve it!

granny said...

Way to go Jamey. A mother always likes to be surprised by her kiddies. Cindy I'm wondering about that clap business?????

Cindy's Closet said...

When I went to New York many years ago with some of my girlfriends we went to an off broadway show where a woman would scream with glee...."Wheeeee"! When I get excited about something I've always had this habit of clapping my hands really fast. Sooooo....now when I'm really excited about something I will clap really fast and exclaim "Wheee"! Get it granny? It's just fun to be happy with glee! Don't cha think?

Megan said...

ew...dad...don't even illude to that. ick ick ick.

Just Paul said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!!!

Our Megan just turned 16 on the 20th and became a legal driver on the 24th. Our life is about to make another change. = )

Enjoy your week-end and a wonderful year ahead of you!

SimplyPaul