Sunday, January 15, 2006

It's all about SPAM!

Sooo...my wonderful husband tells me yesterday to be dressed and ready to hit the road to go on an adventure with him. I am shocked that he would be so impulsive and creative. Soooo....we get in the car and he won't tell me where we're going. We travel south on US Hwy. 56 to I-90. Can you guess where we end up? Yep! That's right. He hastily pulls into the world reknown parking lot of the SPAM MUSEUM!! In utter amazement I cannot help but laugh out loud! "You've got to be kidding me?!", I exclaim. "No!...this is going to be cool!", replies Rick with the glimmer of excitement in his eyes. So "In" we go only to be greeted by one of the most cheerful SPAM ladies I have ever met in my life...complete with samples to taste (Uuugh!). I must admit, however, I learned quite a bit about Hormel and how much the city of Austin owes to this great company. If you ever get the chance to visit Austin make it a point to stop in...it's free to the public and just a little bit fun too! Oh yeah...I forgot to mention the best part...the Mexican lunch we had at one of the downtown restaurants. It was delicious...somewhat better than the SPAM samples! Ha!
This is what we do to escape the boredom of our lives here in Minnesota. Sad but true.

2 comments:

Jackie said...

Oh how sweet is that..... Rick you are soooooo Romantic.

Brianna said...

That's pretty sweet of him to be so random!