Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Rainy Days and Wednesdays...

It's going to rain again today. I guess that's ok. It gives me an excuse to get going on my indoor chores. You know...the ones you always put off and say you're gonna do on a rainy day. So....I have no excuse not to get them done except that my "Girl" is going to be leaving for London tomorrow and we've gotta "DO LUNCH" before she leaves. Yes-Yes...Girl Time!! It's going to be hard to put her on that plane tomorrow knowing I won't see her until the end of October and then not again until Christmas, but I know she'll be in good hands and having the time of her life, so that will help! I will not be able to visit her on her birthday like I did last year but with modern technology today...I can at least communicate in various ways to help make her day special. For all you peeps who read this and want to acknowledge her special day (which is on Oct. 16) she has requested that you are welcome to donate to the "I'm doing a semester in London" fund that we have set up for her (ie: Dad's wallet and her savings account). Since London uses pounds instead of the Euro they won't accept US cash. The exchange rate is terrible too, so anything would be welcome to help her out (she's too embarrassed to ask for help). OK...enough about that. You can drop her a message of encouragement if you like. She loves hearing from all of you! Enjoy your week y'all!

3 comments:

Just Paul said...

Chin Up Mom! Your daughter is a sharp young lady and I have no doubt that she will squeeze every bit of fun as she can out of this exciting experience and come home with lots of wonderful stories to share. This will be an opportunity that will stay with her for a lifetime. She will be back before you know it.

granny said...

Hang in there. She will do good. She takes after her granny hee hee

Cindy's Closet said...

Words of wisdom simplypaul. Thanks.