Tuesday, December 01, 2009

You Never Know....

My parents were given the gift of a plane ticket to come back to Minnesota (they've been in Arizona for the past several years) so they could see family and friends. It's been nearly 3 years since I've seen them in person and the day before we were to get together my Mom started having eyesight problems. She mentioned that she had seen a large flash and that now her vision seemed impaired in her right eye. After a trip to the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, she was told she had a tear in her retina that needed to be surgically repaired. Since surgery and recovery would take up to 8 weeks (my parents can't stand the cold any longer) they decided to leave early and go back home to have the emergency surgery done in Scottsdale at the Mayo Clinic. Thank God for referrals from Rochester or she wouldn't have gotten in since they don't take Medi Care patients at the Scottsdale Mayo Clinic any longer. Ridiculous. I have been so busy with shows that I didn't have a chance to see them and was going to get together with them on Tuesday. It ended up that they had to fly home so I didn't get to see them. I'm frustrated and disappointed. It was not meant to be I guess. Maybe there's a reason...one just never knows.

2 comments:

Jackie said...

Sorry you missed your mom & Dad Cindy, That's a bummer for all of you! Hope your mom's eye is better. Dont cha hate those "unexpected happenings"

granny said...

Good luck to your Mom.