Thursday, January 24, 2008

Oops!

I decided I needed a little color before going on my cruise so I did a little tanning today (or should I say a little frying). I turned the bed on with my token and then realized I forgot to put on my special lotion. So after smearing myself with the special cream that enhances your tanning the tanning bed shut itself off too early. Soooo...I get out another token (gives you 13 minutes) and put it in the machine. I don't remember a thing after that until the lights shut off on me once again. OOps! I'm fried like a tomato. It's not too bad but I didn't intend to burn myself. I fell asleep. It's so warm and cozy in there it's too easy to imagine you're on a warm beach. Silly me. Hopefully I'll get to go a couple more times before we leave next week. Work is going ok for me. I cut back to 3 days a week so I have a couple days to get things done around here. It's pretty sweet. I feel so much better about having time to get all those other tasks done I was always too tired to do. There is a lot of catch up to do so it will keep me busy for awhile. Now I just need to figure out how to manage the workload so it doesn't overwhelm me when I come in after my days off. Sheesh! Sometimes I feel like I can't win there. It's quite stressful most of the time. I hope I figure it out. Life is way too short to be stressed out that much! Hope all is well with everyone and that you're all staying warm. And to those of you in warmer climates right now, be very glad you're not here. It's been inthe single digits for several days now and windchills below zero for 2 weeks! When will it end?! AHHHHH!

2 comments:

Jackie said...

OH nice job cindy, ya tomato. I'm a little jealous of your warm climate trip...Have fun

Megan said...

i fried too...oopsies! my skin hurts. :(