Tuesday, February 16, 2010

2 days to Mexico but in the Meantime...

So last October I started attending classes at a studio here in Kasson. They are located in the old city Hall building on the 3rd floor. It's like a private studio where we are challenged beyond what we think we can do! Kris Thomas is the owner and instructor. She's a former Vikings Cheerleader and previously directed athletic classes at the Rochester Athletic Club. The classes have become so popular she's added instructors and is continuing to build and add more every week. I've attended a majority of the classes she has offered (except anything at 5:00am-Who Does This?!) ranging from Zumba, Circuit training, Xtreme Strength, Yoga, and Pilates. I've been going 4-5 times a week as much as possible and now feel like I am strong again. It's a good feeling to be so aware and confident in my body again! I came home from yoga earlier tonight with such confidence and pride. I was able to balance in "Crow" position  for a bit (hands on floor, elbows bent, knees placed on elbows to balance on hands) and managed a head stand which I held and came back down softly!! Just 2 months ago I didn't think it was EVER going to be possible! Not bad for a seasoned and soon to be 49 year old gal! People travel from Grand Meadow, Dexter, Rochester, & Owatonna to take classes here. It's been a life changer for me. And to think it all started out as a way to shape up for our trip to Mexico. I've gained so much more than I originally sought. Thank you Kris! I'll be continuing my journey for years to come! And now I'm ready for Mexico too! Yay!

5 comments:

granny said...

You go girl

Brianna said...

Glad you found something you like Cindy! Have fun in the warm weather. Wiggle your toes in the sand for me!

Jackie said...

Sounds like you're ready to instruct!!! Glad you are enjoying the classes. It's nice for you to have them right in Kasson...perfect :)

Cindy's Closet said...

Not going to teach! I've been there and done that for too many years! It's my turn to be student and challenge myself! REALLY enjoying that. She asked me to teach pilates & zumba but I just wanna challenge myself and not worry about anyone else for a change. My New Year's resolution was to make it the year of Cindy! It's always been everybody else and I am going to be selfish to get myself healthy physically and emotionally this year. Try it, you might like it too! Wish me luck!

Megan said...

nice work mom. glad you're having a good time! have fun in Mexico for me. I'm jealous! Josh and I will come look at pics when you get back! I hope you blog from there! keep me posted!
xox