Sunday, June 29, 2008

No "Whining". Only wining allowed...







Yesterday started out as such a rainy dreary day Rick and I decided to do a tour of some of Minnesota's wineries. We headed up to Cannon Falls (this was my favorite) and got to sample some of the wine they were in the process of bottling. Of course Rick was more interested in the process of it than actually sampling (since he doesn't DO alcohol anymore). I was designated the official taster and updated him on the quality of each particular wine. I used to only drink white wines but have found myself preferring red wines now and find the white ones too sweet for my taste. Funny huh? We went to Hastings ( a picture of the barn style store and picnic area are included for you above. Then we headed over to REd Wing and visited the local winery there. It was very peaceful and after a glass of my favorite, we purchased a bottle and went to the local grocer for some cheese and crackers. Then we went to the local park at the river and sat and enjoyed ourselves munching and drinking (Rick his coffee and me and my wine). It ended up a beautiful and relaxing day. One I would do again. Anyone interested...just call. It's a lot of fun!

1 comment:

Jackie said...

sounds like fun Cindy...If only I liked wine. Nice update, i enjoyed the pictures :)