Sunday, February 19, 2006

What a Weekend!!

Well...I began my days of leisure with a fun packed trip to St. Paul and Minneapolis with my daughter! As most of you know we would never miss the State Dance Competition! After 15 years...why stop now?! It's always AMAZING! My only regret was not to be witnessing my home team on the floor this year. But we got to sit in the stands with them and take notes and compare, laugh, and cheer for all the other teams. It was nearly as much fun! Soooo...now the KM dancers are all fired up for next year! Look out world...here they come! As usual...I forgot my camera so I have no pictures but I may be able to grab a few from Megan if she took any. I'll check on that lata! We (Megan, Me, and Heidi K.) stayed in St. Paul one night and watched dance on Friday and Saturday. Then Heidi went back to her apartment in Mpls. while Megan went to spend some quality time with her brother. I met my wonderful sis-in-law (Michelle) and her friend Sherry downtown at the Marriott! We love to stay here because it's close to everything and we can walk to most of the things we do downtown. Saturday night's agenda was: dinner at Rock Bottom Brewery (Yuummmmy!) and witnessing Colin Mochrie (from "Who's Line is it Anyway") in a comedy act at the State Theatre, then a quick cab ride (because it was soooooooooo cooooooold!!) to a dance club to groove the night away. Meanwhile, Megan got to go out to dinner at "Pop's" (a wonderful and yummy restaurant near her brother's house)
and then a fun night of bowling with Jamey and friends, and cousin Brice! A good time was had by all! So much fun that Megan and I decided the next day would not include a day of shopping (I knoooowwww...it's hard to believe!). We were both too tired. Oh well...she's home all week so we can make up for that later. Ha! I'm glad I get to spend some time at home now with my family and my kitties. They all missed me while I was away slaving hard....I just know it!
I will leave you all now so that I can go watch the Olympics. I hope you're all watching and cheering for our strong and courageous athletes who are representing our country. If you're not...get to it! Show your Olympic pride by watching and supporting them. They deserve it! Night All!

1 comment:

granny said...

I watch it all the time. I'm into curling. I don't know what is going on but I like to watch.