Saturday, November 12, 2005

A Much Needed Break...

After working nonstop for the past 2 weeks I finally get a much needed reprieve. My two employees are covering the weekend shifts for me! Even though I have the days off I don't really have time for rest. I'm busy catching up on cleaning. I honestly believe Rick has obliterated this activity from his brain as he has not offered to do any of it. I will admit he has been doing his own cooking and he does clean up after himself, so that earns him a few points. However, since cleaning is not the activity I would choose as a priority on my days off, I do realize that it must be done by someone. And if not me...than who? Maybe while I work I should hire a maid. I think that sounds like a good idea. I have more than enough work to do for the business and, quite honestly, it is stressful enough to say the least. I realize it is short-lived so I have fun with it and enjoy the challenge. Today we celebrated my mother-in-laws birthday. Most of the family was there (minus our kids) and it was much fun. Happy Birthday Mary (on the 14th)! I talked to my daughter, Megan, yesterday. She had a wonderful time last weekend in Paris and visited Stonehenge yesterday. She tells me that she met and spoke to a famous actor (who apparently is reeeeeally cute) the other night. I don't have details but suffice it to say that she was hoping he would ask her for a date (hee hee). It's all sooo amazing over there! She is soooo lucky to have this great opportunity! I'm glad she's having a great experience but I will miss her over the Thanksgiving Holiday. I'm just hoping that one of my children will be able to spend time with us. Ahem....and you know who I mean! Well...no more random thoughts. It's late and I'm exhausted. I'll bid you all adieu and wish you well. Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

3 comments:

Jackie said...

It was good to see you yesterday at mom's. I'm glad you had a little time to hang out. I say.....get a housekeeper for a month....you deserve it :)

granny said...

Thanks again for everything. It was fun.

Megan said...

Mother, there was no hope of a date! But he was a sweetie and we did kiss....in my mind! hehehe..goodness that was a little x-rated! kidding. Ok, foot in mouth, time to go!