Thursday, September 01, 2011

My baby girl...A Tribute to Lilly!

This is Lilly. Lilly is a VERY special cat. she has been with us for over 12 1/2 years. We rescued her from a horse ranch when she was 1 year old. She had an injured foot and the owners didn't want to keep her. We had just lost another very special kitty to an illness and needed to find another to fill that hole it left in our hearts. I can't tell you how much Lilly has filled that hole and then some! She's not the prettiest cat in the world, and maybe a bit overweight, but the love and devotion she shows to EVERYONE she meets is unmatched by any cat I've ever known (& I've owned many)! If you aren't feeling well she will curl up beside you to comfort you. If you are angry she will look at you and meow as if to say..."It's Ok...I'm here and you can relax". If you are sad, she will lick the tears from your face. If you are lonely, she will always find your lap, pillow under your head, or arm to lay on and purr as if to say, "I'm here with you". I am not looking forward to any day that this precious angel cat will not be with us to share our lives. I am blessed to have had such a wonderful pet for so long. Thank you Lilly for being a part of our family. If only all cats were just like you! 
I love you!!

2 comments:

Megan said...

Oh Biddy. You are the best Kitty in the whole world. I love you with my whole heart. I wasn't sure that I was ready to get another cat after Sophie left to go to Heaven, but when you came into my life...my world changed. You loved your little brother Leo with all your heart, and welcomed Abby when Leo went to Heaven. You've put up with your sister Izzy, but since Abby has joined Sophie and Leo in Heaven, you've shown Izzy the same love that you've shown all your siblings. I have never had a friend in my life like you. Like Mama said, you are ALWAYS there for me when i need you. You know, without me having to say, what i need and you always pull through for me. I love you so much Biddy and you will forever hold a special place in my heart. Thank you for coming into my life and filling it with love and happiness. Now, be a good girl and go take a nap in the sun. Love you Biddy! - Your Megan

granny said...

A nice tribute to a special cat.