Sunday, April 30, 2006

Nearly done!

So Rick is nearly done with the re-roofing project but the weather is not cooperating to allow him to finish. Our good friend Paul Gjere is helping him to get it done. He's been a Godsend! Thank you Paul! Rick couldn't have done it without you!I'll post a pic when it's all done and everything is cleaned up. What a mess to tear off the old and replace with the new. I've never seen so many nails in my life! Paul's got this neato magnet wand that you can walk around with to find all the hidden ones in the ground. Between that and hauling old shingles & stuff to the trash bin it's been a lot of work for me too! I know what you're thinking....OH WAH! But you must realize...I'm not accustomed to all this manuel labor (& neither is Rick, to a certain degree) so it gets a little tough on the "ol' bod" after several days. Thank goodness we do exercise and try to stay somewhat fit to allow us to accomplish it! It will be good to have the project done. Most likely the last re-roofing we'll do for a few decades. With that done we can rest for a few weeks on our roadtrip to Utah. We plan to visit Yellowstone, Grand Canyon, & Colorado too! It will be awesome and I'll be sure to update my blog with pictures. Have a good week everyone! We need the rain but I look forward to the sun again :^)

2 comments:

granny said...

job well done. Sorry We couldn't help out. Ya for Paul.

Jackie said...

Sounds like a warm rock massage would be good for you two. It's a good job to have done. whew :)